Ask The Fallacy Nerd

Friday, January 12, 2007

Inside Jokes Aren't Funny

Seriously...

Inside jokes suck.

Sometimes people quote obscure dialogue from tv shows and expect you to laugh.
Other times people refer to events that exclude others.

Yet, even when people laugh, we are masking the real truth. They aren't really funny.

In class on Weds. The Awesomeville Property Professor said something about bringing a clod of dirt to your next house closing to show that you understand the livery of seisin.

On my drive home I thought about what container I would use to bring some sod to my next house closing. I decided on a small tupperware - I want the sod to be fresh.

I laughed...

Then I realized that the inside joke to myself was definitely not funny. It probably was an indication that I am losing my sanity.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment Leave the Fallacy Team a Message

<< Home