Ask The Fallacy Nerd

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Introducing StrawMan45 of Awesomeville, OH...

The long awaited introduction. Happy reading...

All this talk of Awesomeville, OH, such little understanding of the appropriateness of its name. I’m the Straw Man of Awesomeville, and I intend to give you, our faithful readers, a little tour around town. Let’s see, I know I have some pictures around here somewhere…

Ok, first, where exactly is Awesomeville? To my knowledge, only like 2 billion actual human people have the pleasure of calling Awesomeville home. So, I can say with almost certainty that most of the visitors to Fallacy Nerd have no idea of our whereabouts. Here’s a map for anyone who wants to come give us visit. All of our civilians would be more than happy to show you around. As you can see, we are at the heart of Ohio, which of course is the Heart of it All. I expect that Awesomeville will become a major tour stop in the near future… you know, for those touring bus services with all the old folks in plaid shirts, white slacks, and vinyl shoes.



Here I am, walking all over my newly-built house looking for all my pictures. Having a brand new house is certainly awesome, but it has its limitations – like right now, I can’t find any of my pictures of Awesomeville. So I’ll just walk down the fresh paved Main Street and take a picture of my house for you to see.



There it is. I’ll tell you, for those of you who have never built a house, it’s like having bipolar disorder. It’s great because you get your house exactly how you want it. But, the process is terrible because every builder on the face of the Earth is averse to doing anything right. Everything from building my Gym/Pitching Tunnel to the correct dimensions right down to architectural details on the façade of the house… the pinnacle of the adversary. And if you’re in what I’d call a smaller village like mine, you always have to think about infrastructure. I was just 16 electricity poles away from the nearest neighbor – Red Herring, you may have met – so I had to wait for them to extend the power out to my lot so I could obtain those elusive “holes” – Holes! I need holes!

Three years later – I’m living in Awesomeville, OH, in my dream house, corn fields in my back yard, grass fields in my front, and sky as far as the eye can see. I hope you can make it out here some time, we’d love to have you!